A BEEP Fund Doctor has been called by North West Ambulance Service to the following incidents this week:
- Sunday 22/09/19 16.20: RTC on A592 near Glenridding; motorbike collided with a wall but the driver suffered minor injuries & was left with NWAS paramedics for onward transport to Carlisle
- Sunday 22/09/19 17.00; serious RTC on road to Rockcliffe on northwest side of Carlisle; four teenage occupants, one with very serious injuries who sadly died at the scene despite the significant medical interventions performed by the Doctor/Paramedic crew of the Great North Air Ambulance, the NWAS paramedics & the BEEP Doctor. All other three casualties suffered less serious injuries & were taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.
- Sunday 22/09/19 19/40; serious domestic incident in Penrith where a 35yr old male suffered serious injuries; treated at the scene by NWAS paramedics & the BEEP Doctor before being transported to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.
- 26/09/19 08.10; multiple vehicle RTC on A66 near Appleby; one driver suffered minor injuries & was treated at the scene by BEEP Doctor & NWAS paramedics before being transported to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.
- 26/09/19 10.30; farmer injured by cow on a farm near Laithes; treated at the scene by BEEP Doctor, NWAS paramedics & the Doctor/paramedic crew of Great North Air Ambulance before being transported in the land ambulance to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.